Worth thinking about
"Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality" by Ralph Marston. I read this quote on another blog and I really liked it. I would say doubts AND fears, though. Another quote that I always remember is "Face your doubts, master your fears." I think both of these quotes have essentially the same message.
I find those to be especially pertinent since it is still the beginning of the year. As I mentioned in my 100 things post, I make essentially the same New Years Resolutions every year. Why? Because I never accomplish them. So why don't I just stop making New Year's Resolutions at all? I don't know. Deep down, I appreciate the idea of starting afresh and having goals. Even deeper down, I guess there is always that small glimmer of hope that I might actually reach one of those goals.
Thinking about these quotes, I'm realizing that perhaps I am the one standing in the way of myself. My reality is what I make it. What am I scared of? Why am I doubting myself? Why am I not allowing myself to change my reality? I guess I have a new goal now to add to the list: Allow myself to reach my goals. I'll let you know how it works.

No comments:
Post a Comment