Saturday, June 16, 2007

Home Life

So...it's been 2 weeks now and being home all day definitely has it's advantages. My house is clean and organized, I've reconnected with all of my long lost neighbors, Romey and I are BFF, and I've caught up on most of the last 20 episodes of Oprah that I had saved. There are also some drawbacks, one being that I am totally bored!

Yesterday was a pretty fun day. Syd slept over and we went to lunch at the best pizza place ever. Then, we decided to cruise State street to see if anything exciting was going on at 2:00 on a Friday afternoon. We ended up stopping at some stores I've always wanted to go to, but never have. The first was Decades clothing, which is a pretty big vintage clothing store with some really cool stuff. Old prom dresses, shoes, jewelry, hats, coats, you name it. I felt like we were playing dress up. I ended up walking out with a polyester jumper. (I never thought those words would come out of my mouth).


After that we went next door to Wasatch Furniture, which is all used furniture, some antiques, some junk, etc. I saw these chairs and couldn't resist.


Which now brings me to the main disadvantage of being home all day. I feel like there's not much to do that doesn't involve spending money. I mean, I walk my dog, I do yard work, I clean, and then anything that's fun costs money. I'm not a crazed shopaholic by any means, but I like to look around, go out to lunch, etc. Does anyone have any good ideas of how to pass the time without spending lots of money? Quick, before Peter kills me.

9 comments:

Paige said...

Love the chairs..I don't think there is anything to do that doesn't involve money unless you want to sit in the house and sew, which you can only do for so long. Let me know if you find out the answer. I actually go to the library and look at books quite often. But then again...You can only do that for so long.

josieposie said...

Sleep! That's what I would do.

Heidi Louise said...

Yes Tia, I actually have lots of homework I have fallen behind on, so you can do that. I also have some laundry that could be done, along with my meals prepared. So pretty much it sounds like you will be my personal slave for the summer. Thanks, you are the best friend a girl could ever have!

mandy said...

I love the chairs & the jumpsuit! Come visit me...the beach is free!!!

Lindsey said...

Tia, can't wait to see pics of you in that SEXY jumpsuit.

Brianne said...

T...welcome to my world. It is sooo much easier not to spend $ when you actually have things to do...like work.
We are excited to finally hang out this weekend! We miss you guys!!!

Emily said...

Love the chair and the jumper! Can I see you this weekend?

Emily said...

T- the chairs are totally worth
the scolding from Peter! i love them!

Anonymous said...

if you want to acquire goods without spending your goods, search the "for free" section of craigs list....

Your bound to find something wonderful.