Thursday, September 04, 2008

Here we go...

It's that time of year again...U of U football season! While I DO enjoy going to the football games every single Saturday for the next few months, this time of year just gets to be a little much. I get a little bit of sports overload (more than usual)....U games, Jazz games, Babe's football games, Syd's soccer games, a few of my cousin's volleyball games, and then U basketball games. Sometimes this time of year, I feel like we just go from one sporting event to another. That being said, last weekend Peter and I decided to divide and conquer.


He went to the U game in Michigan and I went to the U.S. Open in NYC. Not only did I get to hang out with my cute sis-in-law and Heidi, but it was seriously the best sporting event I have ever been to. Ever. I'm pretty sure I want to start going every year from now on. I don't have pictures, but you can check out Heidi's or Melissa's if you want to see all of the fun times and read all of the dirty D's.

7 comments:

whit said...

Tia, I am very jealous. It would be so fun to go to the U.S. Open. I used to watch it on TV all the time. Glad you had so much fun!

Emily said...

T, I seriously think we should try to go every year together. It is so much fun, isn't it? Maybe next year?

Jenny H said...

We got U tickets this year...after a few years of begging from Blair. Abby is crying about going though, and we had to bribe her with a padded bleacher chair and like 45 treats at the game.
I am excited that they are looking good though! It makes it a little more fun...

Ashley C. said...

i checked out ms. heidi's blog to see all the good photos. looks like such a fun time. glad you were able to get away and play. :)

Heidi Louise said...

T... one of our best trips ever. Seriously! I loved every minute. And I am with you, this too was my favorite sporting event I have ever been to. I can't wait for next year. And yes, there will be a next year! Thanks again!! You are my favorite traveling buddy.

Emily said...

T-
I checked the pics out looks way fun
didn't see to many girls matches did ya......he he!
I always had a thing for male pro tennis players

Our Family said...

All I can say is...JEALOUS! So glad you guys had such a great time - I loved the "divide and conquer" statement....well said!