Sunday, February 10, 2008

What I Know


Due to being confined to the couch the last few days for unspecified reasons, I came to realize a few essential truths; the least of which being that I miss looking at other people's blogs. Furthermore, here are a few other things that I discovered:

1. Rob & Big is a seriously funny show. (I had watched before, but not, say, upwards of 3 episodes at once)

2. There are a serious lack of good, new DVD releases right now...Sydney White anyone?

3. Showering every day is certainly not necessary and definitely over-rated. (I know Melissa would agree with me on this one)

4. Reading for pleasure is more of an indulgence when you don't have very much time...as opposed to when you have nothing BUT time.

5. Dogs really are man's best friend.

6. Humans are a close 2nd. No joke... I was literally home alone, laying on the couch thinking of how much I wanted a brownie shake when the phone rang and my friend Heidi was driving to Hires and wanted to know if she could get me anything. Divine intervention!

7. And lastly, while my husband is certainly willing to wait on me hand and foot, my sweet Mom actually makes it seem like she is enjoying every second of it and that there is no place that she would rather be. That is a feat in and of itself!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

I agree with it all! Glad you're back; I missed blogging also and had to come back, minus the pressure. FYI: the mom vs. husband thing is completely true! Husbands never quite smile like your mom does, do they?

mandy said...

Wish I was there to veg with you!!

Em N. said...

Here I am T- commenting! :)
Let's just say Mike already thinks you're awesome but when I tell him you like Rob and Big--- well, what's a word that means more awesome than awesome?

J.R.G. said...

Hey look who I found - it's Tia.

Jason

Heidi Louise said...

Yeah that Heidi is pretty cool right now!

I too am a huge fan of Rob and Big. I have to say that one of my favorite episodes was when they decided they wanted to have their picture on a box of cereal and they called it "Special Buddies". They are the modern day Lavern and Shirley!

Tia said...

Ah yes...special buddies was hilarious.

Lindsey said...

Rob and Big are #1 in our household too T. I'm sorry about the 'unspecified' illness - - hope you feel better soon! xoxo

Brianne said...

Maybe I should add it to the list...

john said...

woo hoo! you're back. Look, I like the new pornographers as much as the next guy but after three months even I got sick of hearing nothing but neco case from your blog. glad to see you're at it again.