Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What you don't know can't hurt you

Sometimes I get in weird modes where I get overly obsessed with something or the other for a little while. Right now: skin care. I don't know if it's because I'm getting dangerously close to 30, but I finally decided I am going to take better care of my skin. This may prove to be harder than thought. Case in point: yesterday I went to my microdermabrasion appointment, which is basically just a hard-core exfoliation treatment.


While on the table, I start to ask the girl what kind of skin care regimen I should follow, what products to use, etc, etc. To make a long story short, I discovered that the Clinique toner I used religiously in junior high can take permanent marker off of a table top. Uh really...that's awesome.

Don't worry, that was 15 years ago. Well, actually, the exfoliator that I currently use (as in yesterday, pre-treatment) is leaving micro-pock marks on my face because the crystals are uneven. But alas, it is money not wasted because I was informed that I can still use that stuff on my feet. Wow...great news.


Bottom line is that even though I am going to implement some new tactics, given my past history, I'm pretty sure I am going to look like this when I'm 40. Oh well...sorry Peter. And sorry Eunice for using you as an example.

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Love it! I got into facial care, and by that I mean HARD-CORE facial care last year, and I had laser resurfacing and microdermabrasions as well. I think those micros are unbelievable - I completely saw a difference. You're right though: What an investment! Who has that kind of disposable income? You've always had beautiful skin and are completely luminous. Gorgeous.

Brianne said...

That is so funny. Maybe I should be using the Clinique toner. If it can take marker off a table top maybe it can take some of my freckles of my face???

I know you are obsessed but I don't see why...you don't have a wrinkle in sight.

slink said...

Eunice = Nasty. Don't want to bag on an old lady, but wow she looks worse than terrible.

Emily said...

Great ! I used that same toner in highschool... let us know when you find a good skin care product.

mandy said...

You're stressing me out. Can you just find something good and then tell me what to use.

whit said...

so what were the big secret products to use? i got burnt the other day, and the wrinkles by my eyes show up more. i was probably just squinting the whole time, right!

Jenny H said...

So Funny Tia. I have been using, umm nothing until like a month ago. I bought some $40 dollar creme and now religiously use it. I think it is the big 30.
Trust me...you look beautiful.

Em N. said...

What did she have to say about the new cleanser you got? Sheesh, so what does she recommend? I wasn't worried but man T, now I am!! I had the clinique too, good thing I was never good at washing my face with it!

Em N. said...

And I agree with everyone else here, you're skin is gorgeous. Sounds like you better keep it that way though, slink isn't really in to Eunice! :)

Tia said...

oh that slink....

sarah said...

so what are we supposed to use?

tell us!!!

sterlingandbrandi said...

Did you know that the more melanin your skin naturally produces, the better protection it has from environmental damage. Which means you are far less likely to look like Eunice than ya think!