Friday, August 03, 2007

Believe it or not...


This is pretty much how it all started. My friend Matt (far right) was serving a mission in Italy and sent me this pic of him and his roomies in a letter, which his friends had written on. One of his friends was Peter Harrison (far left). This picture was more than enough to spark my interest and curiosity. I looked Peter up in the Viewmont yearbook, asked my Viewmont friends about him, and other crazy things (of which I will spare you the details). I even went so far as to flippantly say "I'm going to marry the boy in that picture." Little did I know that far away in Italy, Peter had seen pictures of me and asked Matt about me.

Flash forward to August 2000, where we ran into each other at a concert at the U and were introduced in person by a mutual friend. We were basically inseparable from that point on. I know this story is pretty cheesy, and the only reason I am relaying it is because 6 years ago today we tied the knot. Not only is it unbelievable how fast time flies, but it really is crazy how your life ends up working itself out. Happy Anniversary Peter!

9 comments:

slink said...

That is an awesome Fiat. And you are an awesome, and beautiful wife.

Amanda said...

No surpsrise he fell in love with you from afar. I met you during rush and thought you were hot, too!
Loved seeing you yesterday - it felt like no time had passed. Please let's make it a more regular thing, and thanks for tending my kids!

whit said...

Congrats on 6 years Tia and Peter. Happy Anniv. What a fun and cute story. I didn't realize that it truly was love at first sight via pictures. Hope your anniversary is more event filled than mine was last year (I had to order my own pizza dinner!).

Heidi Louise said...

I love that story... kind of like Twilight Tia. Too good to be true!

Conratulations on 6 great years! I hope you guys have fun up in Park City!

Brianne said...

T...I totally forgot to tell you Happy Anniversary today when we were texting, sorry.

I love the story of you two and remember it all too well. A perfect couple! Thank goodness you married Peter. I don't know what Jake would do if you hadn't!

josieposie said...

Happy Anniversary! Time does fly - and things do have a way of happening just like they are supposed to. Eric and I met on a blind date. Congrats!

maWeesa said...

that mish picture cracks me up.. peter was so skinny...

mandy said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! Tia...see you on Wednesday...YES!!!

Sarah Jane said...

6 years! I can't believe that. How does time go by so fast?! Congratulations. My best to you both.