Ben Kweller rocks my world

Last night my friend Heidi and I were able to go to a Ben concert. It was at In The Venue, which is a way small club. He was awesome! He played for a full hour and a half, had a fan get onstage to play the harmonica for one of his songs, and was just overall totally cool. He sounded great. After the show, he was just hanging out and mingling, so I got my pic with him. For those of you who don't know about Ben, he's a great musician, but not such a looker if you know what I mean. I would say that he usually looks like a stoned, pre-pubescent 12 year old. But when my mom saw this picture, she said that he looked more like a mentally disabled girl. (Keep in mind my mom is a VERY sweet and nice person.) Either way, I was super stoked to meet him. Also, this pic is taken at point blank range, so that's why it's so scary. Without further adieu....here it is
If you want a taste test, here's a good Ben song:

8 comments:
Oh Tia- I am SOOO excited for you- I know how much that meant!! But... I must say, I do agree with your mom. :)
he looks a little better in the video!
Tia are you saying my photgraphy skills are lacking? That is the last time I ever force you to take a photograph with one of your "idols". Although I do have to agree with your Mom, and it was one of the greatest concerts I have been to in a long time. Thanks for taking me and introducing me to the world of Ben!
I think your mom nailed it.... I'll have to listen to the video to give him another shot. But he does look twelve.
ROCK THAT SHIT!
He does look a little better in the video. I will give him (him, right?) a little slack in the photo of the two of you, I mean it was after his concert, and he was rockin, and probably sweaty and what not. However, is he wearing a bodysuit? You know those shirts from the 90's that you button at your crotch. That is the killer.
Are you kiddind me? Jason & I are so jealous and so sad we missed the show. I wish we could have been there.
really, how old is this kid?
Post a Comment