Friday, July 06, 2007

Sparkle and Fade

We pretty much took it easy on the 4th. No parades, no carnivals, no camping out for good fireworks seats. I figure there's only so much more time before we have kids and we're actually required to participate in all of the festivities. Nevertheless, we still had a good time.

Here's Olivia striking a pose on the diving board. Notice the one straight leg, one bent. I say future swim team captain.


J boy was a little trepidatious about getting in the water.


Have you ever seen eyes like this?


This was funnier in person. Something about this picture brings to mind a scene from Tommy Boy where he is trying to put on a jacket...or "little coat" as they say.


Just because we didn't camp out to see fireworks doesn't mean we didn't get a good show. I had the bright idea of going next door and sitting on top of the new house that is being built.


We lucked out and saw fireworks from...the Bees Game, Sugarhouse Park and Rice-Eccles. Not bad!


8 comments:

Em N. said...

can i say--- rebel? wow tia, i can't BELIEVE you trespassed AND posted about it!
Looks like a great 4th to me.

Brianne said...

I definately think that word works. We had fun tonight...like always!

P.S. I will text you the ultimate grammer blog to check out, yikes!

Heidi Louise said...

The only thing different about Tommy Boy and Peter is that Tommy was F-A-T... and Peter is P-H-A-T. I can see how you would get the two confused because they sound alike.

Looks like you guys had a great time! More importantly, it looks like you are carrying on the tradition of illegal activity that went on at that house by trespassing.

Heidi Louise said...

P.S. T is that the jacket I bought you? If so... super cute... if not... still cute!

Tia said...

Um...yes...it is the jacket, I totally like it!!

maWeesa said...

the pic of olivia cracks me right up.. looks like you guys had some fun times swimming

whit said...

Glad you had a fun and relaxing time on the fourth. Make fun of him all you want, but Peter looks like he had the most fun! You have very cute nieces and nephews. I love that pool, it looks so cool meaning awesome because of the blue.

Lindsey said...

T, that looks like so much fun - especially the illegal firework watching.