Thanks to Giada
Due to the lack of quality tv programming available in the summer time, Peter and I have been watching a lot of Food Network lately. We both love Giada of Everyday Italian fame. My new favorite show is The Next Food Network Star. It's basically the Apprentice of the Food Network. If you're bored and have time, you should totally watch.
Anyways...Giada made these cupcakes last week and I've been thinking about them ever since. Turns out I was not disappointed. The texture is very light and fluffy, similar to angel food cake, but not as spongy. The glaze is a nice alternative to gobs of frosting. They are perfect for a summer treat!
Mascarpone Cupcakes with Strawberry Glaze
8 oz. mascarpone cheese (softened at room temperature)
2 egg whites
1/4 C. vegetable oil
Mix together.
Add: 1 Super moist white cake mix
1 C. water
Mix together, batter is thick.
Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes (or until tops have light brown edges)
Strawberry Glaze:
1/3 C. thawed frozen strawberries pureed in blender
Pour strawberry sauce over about 1 1/2 - 2 C. powdered sugar
Mix together with a wire wisk.
After cupcakes have cooled, drop a dollop of glaze onto each one.

12 comments:
Yum, those look good! That stinks that I will just miss you. I hope you have a great time with Mandy!
Nice, T. Are those the ones you were going to make Amy? I also love Giada and try to steal her recipes from Everyday Italian...yum!
T those looks so yummy. I am going to have to make them this weekend. I hope you put on a deep V neck t-shirt to make them (like Giada... if you know what I mean).
Unfortunately Mares, the deep V neck doesn't have quite the same effect on me as it does on Giada.
Yum..I am making cupcakes today too. But mine are out of the Sprinkles Box. I'll have to try these..I love angel food cake.
um um ummmmmm. perfecto, deliciousa (or however you spell it!). these look TDF!
Thanks for posting the recipe. I will have to make them. Maybe next time you come over there will be a surprise waiting for you...just maybe.
We love the Next Food Network Star!! I want Amy to win. She reminds me of Liz Lemon from 30 Rock.
RYAN ADAMS + RED BUTTE = HEAVEN
YOU IN$ JULY 31.. LET ME KNOW
T, kwvkybkSERIOUSLY!?!
Oops, I was wondering where the word verification I typed in went.
T those look absolutely delectable - - with or without the Giada-style cleavage.
Post a Comment