Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Are you kidding me?

Today I read an interesting article regarding a study that a psychology professor has done. In it, he says that there is a direct correlation between cruelty to animals and domestic violence. He cited that 71% of battered women in a shelter said that their partners had threatened or hurt their pets. The article also said that sometimes abusers will purposefully abuse a pet in front of their kids to intimidate them. In one case, a man bludgeoned a kitten with a hammer in front of his wife and 4-year-old daughter.

What kind of a sicko would do something like this? Although I found this article interesting, it certainly isn't surprising. Everyone knows that people who abuse animals have major problems. Isn't that how all of those serial killers start when they're young? The bottom line is that people that hurt their pets are bad and horrible and I hope that eventually they get their due.

Here is a really sad pic of a case in Utah where a dummy beat and blinded his wife's dog and then stuck it in a 200 degree oven. He is currently serving 4 months in jail.



p.s. so it looks like I've moved on from kids to pets

1 comment:

Em N. said...

ok, that is so sad- that little pup. i don't know who the heck would/could do something like this.